Main purpose of the role
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our growing Evolution development team.
Our Evolution team drives the development of our core product range and consists of four Java developers and product experts. As part of that team, you will be expected to design and develop solutions for existing products as well as ensuring we are using the latest industry standards and technologies with a focus on cloud-based deployments.
There are a number of exciting new product enhancements in the pipeline for this team to work on over the next few months – these include greenfield development of a whole new product direction as well as adding new functionality to the existing product with the potential opportunity to re-design and re-write. Whilst these are ongoing the team will also maintain and modernise our existing platform with a strong focus on refactoring and removing technical debt that has accumulated over time and dealing with BAU support issues that crop up from time to time.
- Promote and communicate best industry practice within the development team.
- Delivering quality unit-tested code in Java 11 or higher.
- Mentor and code reviews for junior team members.
- Ensuring that code quality of our solution is paramount and looking for ways to modernise existing application to improve performance and maintainability
- Being responsible for projects with estimates – high level to allow business decisions to be made and detailed once projects start.
- To be involved in product and bespoke delivery discussion and add guidance on decisions made, in order to promote best practice and continual improvement of the solution
- Being an active member of a sprint-focused Agile team – including sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospectives.
- Helping to improve the velocity of the team by committing to, and delivering, the work allocated.
- Unit testing and demonstrating work to relevant stakeholders.
- Occasionally acting as third line support where required, fixing priority bugs
Key qualifications, skills & experience
- Experience working with AWS EKS deployments.
- Familiarity with containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Demonstratable system design experience.
- An expert understanding of Java 11 or higher
- Experience of working in a collaborative manner, regularly contributing to technical discussion and decisions
- Experience writing JUnit and integration tests
- Experience with Maven, Git, Linux, Spring
- Experience with multi-tenant cloud-hosted architectures and microservices.
- Experience with continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, Docker)
- Knowledge of designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of designing and developing Database APIs
- Ability to clearly communicate ideas to other stakeholders of varying backgrounds and a natural preference for contributing to a team's success
- Desire to learn and stretch, keeping up to date with the latest trends and using these to drive product enhancements
Benefits & Culture
We are a market leader in secure voice transactions and trusted by our customers and partners. We are on a journey to secure all personal data. We recruit diverse, ambitious, innovative people who want to grow in a supportive and collaborative environment. We are passionate, work hard, have fun and celebrate success.
What we'll give you;
- 25 Days Holiday
- Competitive Salary
- Up to 10% Bonus
- 4 x Salary Life Insurance
- Vitality Health Insurance
- HealthShield Cash Back Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bespoke Discounts and Communications Hub
- Up to 5% Contributory Pension
Sycurio is well funded and growing fast, you’ll be joining an organisation that combines an entrepreneurial ‘start-up’ culture with the professionalism of a mature and established business. This is a fabulous opportunity to gain experience on a variety of commercial matters of an international business.
*All final interview candidates will be subject to a DBS check as a pre-condition of a potential offer of employment. Any information found will be considered when making the final hiring decision. Please be aware that the background check process will not go ahead without your written consent.